Did you know that Instagram has recently launched business profiles?
An Instagram business profile allows you to do so much more than a personal profile!
Since Instagram is now owned by Facebook, when you set up your Instagram business profile you can have your Facebook information pulled into your profile automatically.
Here are some great reasons to set up a business profile…
- Contact – Add a phone number, email or location so customers can reach you directly from a new ‘Contact’ button on your profile
- Insights – Learn about your followers and see how your posts are performing. After you post something to your business profile, you’ll get details on the impressions and reach from your posts, plus the number of website clicks from your business profile.
- Promotions – Create promotions on Instagram that help grow your business. Want to get more reach for your Instagram posts? You can now promote them in the Instagram app, similarly to how you boost a post from your Facebook page. Simply tap on a post and tap on the Promote link.
- Explore – Running multiple Instagram accounts? Switch to another account easily and check your business profile out.
- Show your products/services – ‘Visual Language Advertising’ on Instagram has the power to move people — inspiring them to see a business differently or take action.
7 Tips to maximise the benefits of an Instagram business profile
- Ask yourself what your business has tooffer people who are on Instagram to formulate your creative strategy
- Use relevant hashtags
- Share often, but don’t over do it
- Create branded images featuring your products
- Try promoting one of your best-performing posts with the ads tools to get your content shown to more people
- Choose an account name that’s easily tied to your business. Your company name works best.
- Keep your profile photo simple. Remember it will be cropped into a 150 x 150 pixel image (that is quite small!)
Owner & Social Media and Online Marketing Strategist @ Social Media Tribe